If you are interested in being a Buddy Volunteer, please fill out the form below or use the downloadable form on the right to fill out and mail in. Buddies must be 10 years of age to volunteer
I agree that as a volunteer, it is my job to support the mission and purposes of The Miracle League of Grand Island & Western New York, Inc.
- I agree to work per game day as described below.
- My specific duties will include acting as a “Buddy” to a Miracle League player.
- I will report to my team or player at least 30 minutes prior to game time.
- I will notify my coach prior to missing a game.
- I will comply with the rules set forth by the Miracle League of Grand Island & Western New York, Inc.
- “Buddies” Responsibilities
- To protect the Miracle League player at all times.
- When a hard hitter is hitting the ball, “buddy” is to step in front of Miracle League Player for protection.
- Always allow the Miracle League Player as much freedom to play his/her own game as possible.
- Assist Miracle League Player according to their needs.
- Be of good spirit, enthusiasm, love, attitude and concern in motivating the players and their families.
- Make friends, get to know the players & their families.
- Be properly dressed and clean wearing your “Buddy” shirt, no open toe shoes or sandals.
- “Buddies” must demonstrate high morals and integrity on and off the field.